I’m on day 4 of whole30 and am feeling 💯. It’s amazing how just a few days of healthier foods can make such a difference in my mood, skin and energy levels. There’s still time to join so don’t fret if you didn’t start on January 1st. I have four clients starting on Monday, in conjunction with my F.I.T. 4 week workout program. This weekend we’re grocery shopping, prepping a few things (I’m actually not a huge fan of meal prep) and getting our workout areas set up.
This one pan meal comes together in about 30 meals, and is delicious served with cauliflower rice, with greens or mashed sweet potatoes. You can use any kind of ground meat, I used beef here but actually prefer them with chicken or turkey. Curries are perfect this time of year, they’re creamy, hearty, and full of warming spices.
Click through for the free recipe👇🏻
One Pan Curry Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1/2 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 bell pepper, chopped about 1 cups
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bag cauliflower rice 2-3 cups
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Add the ground meat, garlic, cumin, salt, egg and 1/2 tsp curry powder to a large bowl. Stir to combine. Scoop into 2 inch balls and set aside. Heat 1 -2 tbsp olive or coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, cook meatballs until browned and no longer pink inside, about 12-15 minutes depending on size of meatballs. You may need to cook in batches depending on size of your skillet. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Add additional oil to pan, if needed, add garlic, bell pepper and onion. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in cauliflower rice. Whisk together coconut milk until no lumps remain (I usually dump the entire can into a microwave safe container and cook for 30-60 seconds then stir it together). Add coconut milk, curry powder, coconut aminos and fish sauce to the pan with vegetables and stir to combine.
- Add meatballs back to pan with vegetables and sauce, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Season to taste with salt + pepper. Serve topped with fresh basil.
Looking for more whole30 or dairy and grain free recipes like this? Grab a copy of my whole30 guide here. Tag me if you make this, I’d love to see your finished product. I served this last night, skipped the cauliflower rice, and served it over greens with sweet potato fries. I rarely make a recipe the same way twice, I’m always tweaking things a bit or changing how I serve it.