- Take a moment to be grateful for the blessings in your life, either privately or go around the table and have everyone say one or two things they are thankful for.
- Get the family together for a Turkey Trot in the morning or go for a walk after dinner.
- Swap steamed and mashed cauliflower for half the potatoes to lighten up your mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes.
- Avoid filling up on the bread basket or appetizers and munch on fresh cut veggies or fruit instead.
- Drink a glass of water in between every cocktail, glass of wine or beer. Sparkling water mixed with a bit of cranberry sauce or cranberry juice makes a refreshing and festive mocktail.
- Enjoy the time spent with those that surround your table, and don’t stress about the small stuff.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours,